Monday 22 June 2009

New Usher vs Klaxons mash

Hi Kids

Made an arse of the previous mash by finding my headphone output was too high 'Mmmm nice n loud sounding that is'... oh no it wasn't... (and certain articles shouldn't tamper with my technology!!!!!)

Nope.. it wasn't properly mastered. No BEEF, PUNCH or KAPOW!!! So having compressed the individual tracks and mildly compressed the final output, it sounds miles better...

I still need some hints and tips for mastering. I'm fine mastering a track from scratch, but mastering for mashing is a little bit harder. Anyone willing to impart their mastering skills?....... Danmei? ;) as suggested by CjR...

Tried a bit artwork but my PhotoShop skills have rusted away, but have properly named/ID3 tagged the MP3 but hope Mediafire don't take it down (my previous ploy was to name it weirdly n not tag it so that it got through the Mediafire net having been victim to having files taken down)

Anyway, less of my bulls**t n here's the newer mix for interested parties

http://www.mediafire.com/?zjioqmbxy2n

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Reggie. Nice mash, but CJR was right about the mastering. If you need any help, or advice drop me an email to dylanvasey@googlemail.com

    All the best,

    Dylan.

    ReplyDelete